The CU Denver Political Science Department is thrilled to announce it is sponsoring an essay contest for CU Denver students to WIN their ticket to see Malala Yousafzai – the youngest-ever Nobel Prize laureate, activist, and author – speak in Denver on June 24th, 2015.
Essay Question: Why do you want to see Malala?
Submit your essay below:
- Pieces must be between 300-600 words in length.
- Pieces must be submitted no later than 11:59pm Wednesday, June 17th, 2015.
- Pieces must completely answer the essay question.
- Work must be original, written by the participant.
- Participant/s must be available on June 24th, from 5:00-9:00pm for the event and promotional photos.
- Entries are limited to one entry per student.
- Participant/s must be a current or former CU Denver student.
- Winner/s will be expected to write one departmental blog post about the experience due within one month (by July 24th, 2015) for publication.
- Essays must be submitted through:
- All entries will be judged by the CU Denver Political Science faculty and/or staff.
- No transfer, assignment, or substitution of a prize permitted.
- Sponsor is not responsible for lost or late entries nor for electronic-transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone-equipment, electronic, computer, hardware, or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof.
If a participant does not comply with any of the aforementioned rules, he or she loses his or her opportunity to participate.